Do I need renters insurance?

While your property owner has insurance on the land and building, you are in charge of looking after your own personal items. We recommend getting renters insurance – also commonly called contents insurance – for your peace of mind. It’s a good idea to speak with your insurance broker to ensure you’re covered if anything happened, because neither your landlord nor Wendell are responsible for your personal items; they remain your responsibility.